Wildlife in the Wild Highlands Tour from Sydney
This is your chance to search for Australia's iconic native animals in the wild - including kangaroos, platypus, wombats, wallabies, birds, the elusive koala...and much more!
Less than two hours south of Sydney, this exceptional tour offers the opportunity to experience the diverse Aussie Bush while searching for Australia’s iconic native animals in their natural habitat. Travel in a luxury 4WD vehicle to private farmland and bushland locations in the Southern Highlands with a specialist guide who will interpret all that you see. Animals migrate throughout the area and sightings vary seasonally. Search for kangaroos and wallabies in open clearings, try to spot a koala in woodland forests of specific grey gums, surprise a platypus along the riverbanks in the warmer months. After dinner, go night-spotting for nocturnal wombats, gliders & possums.
This tour includes lunch or afternoon tea (depending on the season) and a hearty country-style dinner in one of Australia's oldest country inns.
There is a maximum of eleven persons per vehicle on this tour.
Rates - including tax
Tour / Activity Details
1:00 pm - Monday, Wednesday & Saturday (October through March)
Hotel pickups occur during the hour before the tour start time. See Special Schedule Notes.
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Minimum age is 6. Minimum of two total participants required for tour to operate; maximum of 11 persons per vehicle. Tour includes complimentary pick-up and drop-off from almost all central locations in Sydney city, and from most hotels within the Sydney CBD area, including Kings Cross, Potts Point, Darling Harbour, The Rocks (Circular Quay), Central Station and more; pick-up can also be made anywhere along the Pacific Highway heading north from the city to Berowra by arrangement. Rates are per person in US dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
Special Schedule Notes
This tour is not available on January 1 & 26, December 24, 25, 26 and 31.
- Wildlife tour with naturalist guide
- All entries
- Light lunch with beverage (April-September) or afternoon tea (October-March)
- Hearty country-style dinner
- Dietary options available
- Luxury 4WD with binoculars & spotlights
- Hotel pickup and drop-off at most Sydney Central Business District hotels
- Drinks with dinner
- Optional guide gratuities
- Vehicles are equipped with adult seatbelts; if you require child restraints or booster seats, that can be arranged (details on E-Ticket). NSW law requires all children under 7 years of age be equipped with a capsule, car seat or booster. It is not possible to travel with an infant or child of any age on your lap if child restraint anchor points are fitted to the vehicle.
- Tipping is not compulsory in Australia. However, it is a great reward for outstanding service. If you've had a great day, then rewarding your guide with a tip is really appreciated!
- Sorry, but this tour is not suitable for children under the age of 6 or travelers in wheelchairs, with limited mobility or using walking aids
- Participants accept the physical risks involved in the tour.
- It is strongly advised you purchase travel insurance.
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Minimum of two total participants required for tour to operate; maximum of 11 persons per vehicle. Tour includes complimentary pick-up and drop-off from almost all central locations in Sydney city, and from most hotels within the Sydney CBD area, including Kings Cross, Potts Point, Darling Harbour, The Rocks (Circular Quay), Central Station and more; pick-up can also be made anywhere along the Pacific Highway heading north from the city to Berowra by arrangement. Rates are per person in US dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
- Comparative selection of tours and activities from the largest independent booking service.
- This web site provides a booking service for a variety of shows, tours, and activities and is not connected with or sponsored by any of the venues, teams, performers, events, or organizations unless this web site expressly indicates that it or Alcatraz Media Inc. is an official partner. All trademarks and photo copyrights are the property of their respective owners. Images on this website are for factual depiction only. This web site and Alcatraz Media Inc. may have no affiliation with persons or organizations where images appear.
- Choose from a Wide Variety of Tours & Activities: Compare All Available, and Make Your Choices
- We provide the ability for you to review a comparative selection of tours and activities. Click on the "Tours" button on the toolbar, and you can compare everything we offer in this area. The Reserve123 Network offers the largest independent booking service in the world with 10,000 tours and activities worldwide.